Use the minimap to see nodes. Needs Triangulate/Prospect active. Arbor Call(botany)/Lay of the Land(mining) to look for nodes if required.
Each node naturally has a lifespan of 6 strikes. Meaning you can attempt to gather 6 times from any given node, whether you choose to gather 6 different items, or 6 of the same item.
Basically, 100% chance of getting the item, 20% chance of item being HQ.
- GP (Gathering Points)
- Used by gathering skills (Fishing from Heavensward)
- Recharges over time and with each successful gathering attempt.
- Current amount is shared between classes
- Increase by gear and food
- Increases chance of receiving item (increase with skills and food)
- If gatherer’s level is same the gathering level, your base Gathering chance is capped at 95%.
- Increases chance to gather a high quality item (base max 15%; increase with skills and food)
- Does not affect items with 0% quality.
Botanist & Miner