The registry is the place where your computer stores the configuration information about your computer and your installed programs so that your operating system can use them.
Maintaining the registry is an important step in keeping your computer healthy. Registry problems can include slow performance, computer crashing, and the annoying Microsoft Windows error messages.
If any of these describes you as a computer user:
- Has old drivers on their system that have not been removed.
- Installs or uninstalls software very often.
- Have third party programs running such as Spyware and Adware (you can’t stop these from being installed)
- Remove software by deleting them from the Program Files folder.
- Installs or Uninstalls hardware.
All of the above leave traces in your registry that will only hurt your computer in the long run.
If you don’t clean your computer to fix your registry than you are going to be in a whole world of trouble.