1. You enter http://server.com into your browser’s address bar.
2. Your browser looks up the IP address for server.com.
3. Your browser issues a request to that address for the web server’s home page.
4. The request crosses the Internet and arrives at the server.com web server.
5. The web server, having received the request, fetches the home page from its hard disk.
5.1 Apache is the web server that processes requests and serves web assets and content via HTTP.
6. With the home page now in memory, the web server notices that it is a file incorporating PHP scripting and passes the page to the PHP interpreter.
6.1 PHP is the programming language that works with Apache to help create dynamic web content.
7. The PHP interpreter executes the PHP code.
8. Some of the PHP contains MySQL statements, which the PHP interpreter now passes to the MySQL database engine.
8.1 MySQL is the database that stores all your information in an easily queried format.
8.2 phpMyAdmin is a free and open source administration tool for MySQL
9. The MySQL database returns the results of the statements back to the PHP interpreter.
10. The PHP interpreter returns the results of the executed PHP code, along with the results from the MySQL database, to the web server.
11. The web server returns the page to the requesting client, which displays it.
- Website Host
- Website Domain Name
Hosts website data (e.g. content files and domain name)
Fairly reliable provider, interServer, experiences with it:
- Account got instantly disabled when added credit card. You raised ticket requesting them to enable account.
- You have to open ticket to ask them to enable SSL for you.
- For server migration, raise ticket requesting for InterServer Migration team to help (they go by first come first serve).
- Also provide them details of old server account(s) and the DirectAdmin details.
NOTE: Not ALL of what InterServer explains/claim is accurate so ensure to see/check/try for yourself first
Unreliable providers (based on experienced users’ feedback):
- vpsserver.com – unreliable customer support, blocks domain name without notice, and so on
- Inmotion – can be slow, won’t backup your sites when they transfer server, and so on
Website (domain) Name Provider
Some reliable providers: NameSilo, NameCheap
Must update Name Servers (obtained from WEBSITE HOST)
- Manage My Domains > Manage DNS for this domain button
- Domain Manager > click domain > Domain Console (NameServers)
- Website Domain Manager
Reliable providers: cPanel, DirectAdmin