List of programming nomenclatures.
Collection of modules.
Some libraries: TensorFlow
Collection of codes (functions, variables, etc.)
functions attached to specific classes (or instances) in object-oriented programming.
Collection of libraries
Made up of a block of code to perform task.
# Python def hellof(): print("Hello function") hellof() # outputs: Hello function
Class, Object & Property
All classes have a function called __init__(), which is always executed when the class is being initiated.
Use the __init__() function to assign values to object properties, or other operations that are necessary to do when the object is being created:
# Python # Person is class # __init__ is function # self is the __init__ function's parameter # p1 is object # "John" and 36 are properties of object p1 class Person: def __init__(self, name, age): self.namez = name self.agez = age p1 = Person("John", 36) print(p1.namez) # output: John print(p1.agez) # output: 36
Method can have multiple definitions, below are a few:
- (“member functions”) are similar to functions, they belongs to classes or objects and usually expresses the verbs of the objects/class. For example, an object of type
Windowusually would have methods
closewhich do corresponding operations to the object they belong.
- A method is a code block containing a series of statements. In C#, every executed instruction is done so in the context of a method.
- Method is a function of object. It is defined in class.
- Method Refers to the action that object can perform.
- “Python Libraries – Python Standard Library & List of Important Libraries.” DataFlair, 8 Mar. 2021, data-flair.training/blogs/python-libraries/.
- HansHans 9311 gold badge11 silver badge33 bronze badges, et al. “What Is Method, Property and Function?” Stack Overflow, 1 Apr. 1959, stackoverflow.com/questions/4246883/what-is-method-property-and-function.
- “Python Classes and Objects.” Python Classes, www.w3schools.com/python/python_classes.asp.